Thursday, June 17, 2010

Vacation check-in

I have walked my legs off in amusement parks in the hot Florida sun for the past 2 days and I have insomnia.  How is that even possible?  I'm trying to be as quiet as possible because my sweet daughter is asleep close by.  It's the wee hours of the morning, the time when all park goers should be sleeping.  Because, after all, later this morning I'll be back out there. 

We have had a blast so far.  Johnny went to the convention and I did feel a bit guilty that we were having fun without him.  Well, a little, tiny bit of guilt.  Even a miniscule amount counts, right?  He even took a detour on the way down here and we drove over to have lunch on the beach.  I love the beach and haven't been a few summers.  It was beautiful - no oil as far as the eye could see.  Our waitress did tell us that their vacation crowds were already down.  She blamed that on the media.  The president was to be there the next day.  Satellite trucks were already lining up.

And, speaking of celebrities, Harry Potter opens on Friday at Universal Studios.  They closed that whole side of the park early today because, according to the news, there was a big shindig out there tonight.  Commoners like us were not invited but JK Rowling (the author of the books, I'm not sure how to spell her name) & the actors & other celeb-type people associated with Harry Potter were out there.  I did get some photos today and we'll see if we can even get close on Friday.

And, now I'll try to sleep.   Hope you are staying cool, wherever you are!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: