Sunday, September 27, 2009

Two Weeks

This time two weeks from now I'll be sitting at the DFW airport waiting to begin my journey to India. It seems like our trip is kinda short this time and I mentioned that to Johnny last night. He said that, no, 8 days is not short. I guess it doesn't seem like very long because we only have 4 full days there. Three of those will be really busy -- we'll be at the children's camp in the morning and speaking at the women's conference in the afternoons.

I've been planning the women's conference for weeks. I've assigned topics and speaking times to our team members that are going. I am anxious (in a good way) to see how God is going to use each one of the ladies and to hear what she will say, how she will share with those precious women in India. India is a spiritually dark country and it is much more difficult to be a light for Christ in that culture. Not to mention that many of them are living in physically difficult circumstances. I cannot imagine not having access to clean water. Or, to have to walk to a well and pump water into containers and then carry it back to my house. I cannot imagine living in the heat without air conditioning. I cannot imagine facing persecution and even fearing for my family's physical safety as a result. Yet, these are the very real situations for many we will encounter while we are in India.

So, I covet your prayers for our team over the next 2 weeks as we finish our preparations to go. Please pray that our hearts will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit as we desperately seek His leadership for the words we will say. Please pray for those we will encounter. Pray for their travel to the conference and the time we'll share together.

I'm sure I'll have more to write about the trip over the next couple of weeks. I'm watching the Rangers right now and they just let Tampa Bay go ahead in the 9th inning...ugh!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

1 comment:

Sue said...

Wow. May God answer all those prayers according to His will. I will pray for you Jeanette! Keep us posted as you can ;-)