Saturday, September 3, 2011

2nd week - check

We've made it through the first 2 weeks of school. We are getting into (sort of) a routine and getting used to one kid at home. It's Labor Day weekend, though, and the college girl just walked in the door. She was at a Young Life retreat and it was here in town. She said she can't wait to sleep in her own bed. Yeah, it's way better than the top bunk at that dorm room! The only-child-left-at-home is out with some buddies but called a bit ago and said he would be home later, with 3 buddies in tow. Some things change, some things remain the same.

We've been getting into the back-to-school groove by watching some college football this weekend. The Baylor Bears had a nail-biter this weekend and managed a win over the #14 nationally ranked TCU Horned Frogs. It was a great game and kept us watching until the very end. Sic'em Bears!

We also had my parents & my younger brother and his family over today for a pre-Labor Day/dad's birthday celebration. I found out about a new store in Arlington called Nothing Bundt Cake that sells (you guessed it) all sorts of bundt cakes. I stopped by with Jacob on Thursday after we had to go by the Sprint store and purchased a couple of mini-cakes. They were yummy so I went back by on Friday (the girl working recognized me and asked, "Weren't you here yesterday?" guilty!) and bought some more for the family get-together. Actually, I bought 11 more because with the purchase of 11 you get one free. I couldn't resist free. And, did I mention the cake is really yummy? Needless to say, we will be eating cake for the rest of the weekend. Johnny and I are planning a long run for Monday but I will try not to eat too much cake anyway.

Finally, I think today was the last of the triple-digit days. Man, I was growing weary of them. In fact, the high for Monday may be only in the high 80's so it might start cooling off a bit and start to feel like back-to-school.

Hoping you have a marvelous Labor Day!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: