Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

What a gloriously cool, lazy, quiet Saturday morning around our house.  I've had an amazing and interesting week. Johnny put our travel trailer, the Wildwood, out at the lake so I could enjoy the great outdoors and get some work done on my writing assignment. For those that know us, know we love, love camping. Put my travel trailer just about anywhere and I am happy. I had the campground almost to myself for the first part of the week. Then the holiday campers started moving in and we moved out. For the better part of 3 days I enjoyed solitude and nature and being free of distractions - you know, those pesky things like laundry, house cleaning, the phone ringing, work...

I like the sound of God's voice in nature. No, I didn't hear Him speak to me audibly this week but I know He speaks through His creation. Romans 1:20 - "From the creation of the world His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what He has made." The sound of leaves blowing in the wind - is that the sound of the creation applauding the Creator? I imagine that it is. Isaiah 55:12 (in part) - "and all the tress of the field will clap their hands."

And then back to reality and routine. Which, for us in the great state of Texas, means Friday night high school football. Jessica is one of the new mascots for our school and it was the first night out for the new mascot costume. (is that what one would call the mascot get-up? LOL) Our team won. And today - laundry and cleaning and yard work. But, Monday is a holiday - woohoo, we could already use a break after only 2 weeks of school! I hope you have big plans to enjoy the day!

Serving the King,

Jeanettte

No comments: