Friday, March 26, 2010

We're saving money already

Johnny and I had a couple of errands to run today so we went out on the Harley. Yeah, it was my first time to ride on the Harley. When we were stopped at a red light I saw that the gas station on the opposite corner had their gas price at $2.69 per gallon. I said to Johnny, "We're saving money already," because, you know, the motorcycle gets such great gas mileage. Anyway, it was a beautiful day to be out riding a motorcycle and I loved it!

I'm headed up to Shawnee, Oklahoma, later today for the big college visit. I'm excited to be going but I won't be excited, really, if Jessica decides to go to college in Oklahoma. I truly want her to be where God wants her to be. Really, I do. Johnny told her if she decides to go there we'll just ride up on the Harley and visit her. Won't she love that??

Have a great weekend!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club! When Andy started looking at OU, I was SOOOO not into it. When we were there for a preview weekend, that night in the hotel, I was laying in bed trying to sleep but fretting about it. Then it was like the Lord was laying right there beside me and said, "I know the plans 'I' have for you...not necessarily the plans Mom has for you!" I had pounded that verse into their heads for years, even taping it up on their bathroom mirror. I had to say, "OK, Lord, this is in your hands." It has turned out to be the perfect place for him, although in hind sight I wished I had pushed harder for both my boys to go to Christian schools, but for their interests and majors it really didn't make a lot of sense. OBU is a great school; we visited there SEVERAL times with the girls, and although neither one wound up there I would have been completely happy if they had. Letting go is hard sometimes, but that's what all the hard work all those years before is for: to make them independent, productive, Godly people!
Blessings,
Kathy