Friday, June 26, 2009

Back to the Heat

Yes, triple digits are expected for North Texas today. I most definitely will be in the pool today. In fact, sitting here at my kitchen table it looks awfully inviting. I have mounds and mounds of laundry to do to get the kids ready to go to camp -- they are leaving at 3 AM Sunday. Apparently, there have been requests made while Johnny and I were in Kentucky for kids to stay at our house Saturday night. Yes, we live one mile from our church and, yes, we'll be putting all three of our kids on that bus in the darkness of the wee morning hours so, yes, they can come. We'll be havin' a sleep over -- the more the merrier (I typed a little sarcastically). Truly, I don't care. I talked to one of our other pastor's wife yesterday and she also said she will have extra kids at her house Saturday night. That's what we do.

In other news, I'm officially going on a diet. Yep, I've put it off long enough. I'm training for a 15K trail run in November and running alone is not enough for this stage in my life. Which, BTW, I am definitely experiencing changes appropriate for my age group. ugh! I don't know how I'll stick to the diet at my mother-in-law's house -- the woman's spiritual gift is hospitality and one of her favorite things to do is cook and she always wants to make all of our favorites while we are there. It will be a challenge. So, I've checked my official ok to eat list and foods to avoid list and I'm going to do it. Foods to avoid for the first 2 weeks include all carbs. We eat a lot of carbs so this will be a radical change...

Well, I've got to run fix lunch -- one lunch for the kids and another for me.

Serving the King,

Jeanette

1 comment:

Sue said...

Good luck with the carb-free diet. I think I'd die without my carbs - lol (but then again my muffin-top rolls prove that - hee hee)

Hope the kids have fun at camp - whoa 3am departure! Where are they going?

Hope you got to cool off in the pool. Laundry can wait until after dark, can't it? ;-)