Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Recovered

I know you've been on the edge of your seat, waiting to find out how I am...I'm fine, thank you very much. Actually, I was pretty good on Monday but Jessica talked me into taking one crutch with us to the basketball game Monday night. She said I looked "awkward" because I was limping. Yeah, like walking with one crutch didn't make me look awkward at all. AND, I had to tell 5,000 people (a mild exaggeration) about my fall in the garage.

Not only am I recovered from my fall, I am just about recovered from a dark mood I've been in lately. I've been letting some circumstances around me get to me. I loved it when Beth Moore said in the video session in class today (spoiler alert....if you haven't watched session 4 of the Esther study yet then you may want to stop reading NOW) that "if" became an acrostic for "I Fear." What if, what if, what if? Girls, friends and readers, sometimes I fear. Most (if not all) are not even realistic fears. They creep into my thoughts, into my day, into my life and, at times, are overwhelming. Even when I know the right answers, know which Scripture to turn to, know that God is bigger than all of it, sometimes getting that knowledge from my head and into the control room of my life is difficult. It's like there's a fog and I can't get to the right answers.

I am so thankful, beside myself grateful, that God is patient. He really is good.

"O taste and see that hte Lord is good; how blessed is the man (woman) who takes refuge in Him!" Psalm 34:8

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: