Thursday, July 3, 2008

Workout tip

Tonight Johnny and I went to the gym. I gotta admit, just minutes before departure I had fallen asleep on the couch while watching a mindless half-hour tv show. No, I did not feel like going to the gym. However, I made a commitment to go and knew it was the heart-healthy thing to do. I generally take my iPod with me. It's an old shuffle -- the long thin ones without a screen. I can't pick my songs and don't even know what's coming next. My playlist includes lots of stuff from the Passion cds and, of course my favorite, David Crowder Band. I also have some Relient K and Chris Tomlin. I'm a big fan of all that!! Tonight my favorite was Travis Cottrell from his cd Unashamed Love. I tried to find it on youtube to add to my blog but was unsuccessful but the song of the night was a medley of "In The Cross/Worthy is the Lamb/Crown Him with Many Crowns." You really must hear it -- go straight to the store and purchase the cd or download it from the internet right away. Then, put it on your iPod or mp3 player and take it to your next workout. The medley is 8 minutes and 40 seconds and I listened to it twice. It is so awesome that I worked out the hardest of the night for that 17 minutes and 20 seconds. I was on the elliptical thing and I wanted to raise my hands but not embarrass myself in front of everyone at the gym so I just worked out harder and harder. I don't think I sang out loud....I hope I didn't.

Can we praise God in our exercise? I think I did tonight!

Have a happy 4th of July!

Jeanette

1 comment:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Oh yeah, I def. have my favorite workout songs. Right now it is 'Be STill' by Kirk Franklin and Toby Mac. :)

Oh, and sorry I grossed you out on my blog..LOLOL It comes from living in a house full of boys..:))