Thursday, October 27, 2011

What's been going on?

I'm sitting on the couch with my man watching game 6 of the World Series. Our Texas Rangers are up 3 games to 2. They could win the series tonight. I, obviously, hope they do. The series has been super exciting. Monday night I had a hard time enjoying the Rangers getting a win in game 5 because I was sick. Johnny had a stomach bug over the weekend and I was super careful - washing my hands, washing everything he touched, spraying Lysol all over - and I still got sick. It was truly awful, that's for sure! And, between the 2 of us being sick, missing sleep and such, I have not been running for a week. Since the half-marathon is only about 5 weeks away now I can't afford to take a week off. I'll be back out there tomorrow and our plan is to run 8 on Saturday.

Today we went to the Embrace Equipping Conference. It was a mission conference. We are desperately praying about a new part of our mission strategy and went to get some info today. For me, it was confirmation to what I think God has already been saying to Johnny and me. I am so excited. It's something totally unlike our other mission endeavors and in a different part of the world.

Our first classes in the new computer lab, my big project for the Fall, are less than a week away. After all we've done over the last months it's finally almost time to actually get to work. My prayer is that we will absolutely provide some job skills but also, and mainly, that we will have a chance to share Jesus!

That's what's up with me. Nothing exciting at all. I didn't even get to go to a baseball game...

Serving the King,

Jeanette


No comments: