Monday, October 17, 2011

Meditations on Running, entry #9

Run length - 2 1/2
Song that got me home - My Brightness, Charlie Hall
Verse of the morning - you have stayed long enough (in part) from Deuteronomy 1:6-7

It was already hot at 10:45 am in the middle of October. And, super windy. Going out was great but the wind was discouraging on the way back. I only ran a total of 6 miles last week so I'm off my training and have got to get back this week.

I'm pondering something Johnny talked about last night at church & thought about it out on my run today. His text was from Acts 12, the account of Peter rescued from jail by an angel. A couple of points that stuck with me were: 1) sometimes we pray and because God doesn't answer the way we have envisioned it we miss the answer; 2) if I pray and God gives me an answer that's not what I envisioned can I be ok with that? Sometimes I pray and pray about the same things but, really, in my heart, I already know the answer. What it comes down to is do I believe that He's good and faithful and just if my hopes, dreams, life don't turn out like I planned?

Yeah, I can type with absolute certainty that I believe He is. Not one doubt.

That's where I am today. Do I struggle to hang onto that on some days? Sure. He has proven Himself (not that He has to) over and over again in my life. With whatever breath He has yet to give me, with days and energy and resources, I hope I will live worthy of what He has entrusted to me. To His great glory alone.

Running with purpose &
  serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: