Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

It's Sunday afternoon following Thanksgiving. We took our annual extended family Thanksgiving camping trip this past week. Our favorite spot is Tyler State Park and we returned there this year. It was a glorious week. The first three days were warm - I started to type "unseasonalby warm" but, in Texas, it can be warm just about any day of the year - and then on Thursday, Thanksgiving day, Johnny and I started out on a jog in the woods with our dog. It had been sprinkling a little on and off all morning and we had the airconditioner on in the Wildwood. It started sprinkling but we thought it might stop so we kept going. Mistake...big mistake. Instead of stopping sprinkling it started raining and the wind picked up - we could feel the temperature dropping as we headed back to our campsite. The wind blew the multi-colored leaves onto the path ahead of us and it was incredible. Beautiful. By lunch-time (and we ate outside anyway) it was down-right cold. And raining and wet and miserable. But, all in all, it was a fun camping trip and I am thankful for the chance to go.

I am thankful for a good many things this year. Really, I have much to be grateful for. After spending days in the Andes Mountains of Peru and in India, I recognize that I am abundantly blessed. I am thankful for health and love and family and church and friends and freedom and God and abundant life. I am so grateful for my comfortable home and my home away from home, the Wildwood. I am extra thankful for my comfy bed after my 2 recent trips overseas as well as the yummy food we have here. I am thankful for the ability to worship and hear God speak through His Word into my life.

Hope you had a great holiday - it's back to reality tomorrow!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: