Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Great Day for Re:Group

Today was Re:Group, a snazzy name for our high attendance day for our church Life Groups. Every class goal was "one more than before." That means, the class goal was to have one more in attendance than the class had ever had. Our class is only 2 years old (into our 3rd year together) and there were times when it was just me and one other person...or maybe just 2 or 3. We met and surpassed our goal and our room was packed. We played a fun game that revealed some things about each other that had me giggling...I have so much fun with those women (Take the Shackles Off My Feet So I Can Dance!) --truthfully, I look forward to Sunday mornings so much. I'm going to miss "my girls" (as I affectionately call them when speaking about the class to other people) for the next 2 weeks as I leave for India this coming Friday. I've still lots to do before I leave so it will be a busy week. One of the ladies in my class asked if would be blogging during my trip and, if internet if available, I will make a great attempt at chronicling my adventure.

As for today, I'm regrouping from a super busy weekend. It was homecoming at my younger 2 kids' school so we had lots of festivities. And, the college boy came over for church and lunch today so I spent part of yesterday making a delicious lasagna - even used herbs from my own backyard which is one of my favorite cooking things to do.

Tomorrow, I am seriously getting ready to go...

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: