Thursday, February 1, 2007

It's Raining Again

Living in Texas, I never, ever want to complain about the rain. We've been in a drought too long! It seems like we've had days and days of dreary weather, though. I wonder what ole Noah thought when he shut that door to the ark and it started to rain...it rained and rained and rained. 40 days and 40 nights. Whew! The rain finally stopped, though, and the Lord caused the water to recede. When Noah and his family walked out of the ark onto dry land I wonder if their steps were a little shaky at first after rockin' in that boat for so many days. God's Word tells us that He put a rainbow in the sky as a sign of His covenant with Noah.

I recently saw the biggest, brightest rainbow that I had ever seen. Not only did I see the entire arch of the rainbow, but it was a double rainbow. I had just picked up my daughter and one of her friends. They pulled out the cellphone cameras and I raced home to tell my two boys to hurry out to see such an awesome sight. I marveled at God's handiwork and couldn't help but be reminded that His words are true and He always keeps His promises.

I didn't see a rainbow today and more rain is expected for tomorrow...maybe even some ice. I have the image of that rainbow saved, though. It's a great reminder that eventually the rain is going to stop and the sun will shine again.

No comments: