Saturday, October 10, 2009

Tomorrow Is the Day

I'm up early on Saturday morning. I still have a lot to do to get ready for tomorrow. We leave in the early evening to start our journey to India. India is about a half a day ahead of Central Standard Time so it's already Saturday evening there as I am typing this. We have an overnight in Mumbai and will arrive at our destination Tuesday morning, which will be Monday night in Texas. We will have Tuesday to prep with our girls from Tennessee and North Carolina. The action starts on Wednesday for our team, which I fondly refer to as Sybil and the Jets. (It's a long story.)

So, here's what we'll be up to in case you're praying for our endeavor: Wednesday - Friday we start the day at the children's camp. I think there will be about 300 of the Grace Children's Home kids there. In the afternoon we will have the women's conference. We are expecting about 150 women. Some will be there for the conference and some will come over from the city to join us.

The conference center is about a 45 min - 1 hour drive from the city where our hotel is located so when we leave in the morning we don't return til our work is done. The conference center is open-air and it will be hot! It makes for long, tiring days so please pray for our strength, endurance, and good health as well as for what we will say and do!

I am also on the agenda to speak at the big conference Saturday night.

I covet your prayers for us! I will try to update the blog while I'm away but I never know if it will be possible!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: