Friday, October 30, 2009

Thawing Out

I love me some Friday night high school football when the weather is, you know, football weather. It was quite chilly out there tonight but my honey did go down to the concession stand and bring me back a pipping hot cup of chocolate. ummm! The cheerleaders were awesome, as usual. Especially the last one of the left -- she thinks I stare at her too much but I don't mind what she thinks. I'm quite taken with her!

I started my Christmas shopping today. My rule is usually that I don't shop before Thanksgiving because it's my own silent protest to the earliness in which the retailers put out the holiday decorations. Yes, the mall is absolutely covered in them. I was at the mall today but not to buy the gift that I purchased. Johnny and I went to the mall early today to go to see the movie Amelia Earhart. It was pretty good. I've always been fascinated with her story. The great discovery, though, was that 2 people can go to the movie for $10 in the morning where as it's $9.50 per person in the evening. We were the only people under age 60 in the theater but we didn't mind.

I got off course. Johnny and I purchased a vacation as our Christmas gifts to each other. While our 2 younger kids are off on a mission trip we'll be in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, during the Christmas break. I am so excited. I've never been there. We're planning on dogsledding and snowmobiling but if you happen to stop by and have any suggestions then please let us have 'em!

One gift down, many to go, but it's not even Thanksgiving. I'm off to a good start.

Serving the King,

Jeanette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

snowmobiling is a total blast...did it 2 years ago and you will love it