Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Well, I still cannot type a title for my blogs...since I am not a techie I have no idea what's up with that...

Jessica and I had lunch today with our student pastor's wife. She's awesome! (: She asked us what our plans were for the rest of the day. Until she asked I had not thought about the fact that I really didn't have plans for the rest of the day, except to pick up Jacob after camp and cook dinner so the teenagers could go to a Video Scavenger Hunt at church at 6:00. Then, of course, I had to clean up after dinner, wash towels and swimsuits from the day at camp, and other "motherly" duties. That's pretty much what I do during the summer...take care of "kid" things.

I was reading a blog the other day that a friend of mine wrote. Here's a excerpt:

Five years ago all four of my children lived at home. This fact may explain fully to some of you (at least those of you who are moms) that only the time that I slept was free from fulfilling my duties. (http://michellecanton.blogspot.com)

You'll have to check out Michelle's blog to get the point she was making, but I can really relate to that paragraph! By the time I got home with Jacob (and a friend, of course) at 4:20, it was a rush to get supper ready and everyone sitting down to eat (all 8 of us, because there's always room for one more) before the big kids had to go. Cleaning up and making brownies (by special request of the 2 left at home when the others left) filled the evening. Now, I am sitting at my desk, watching the sun set and waiting for the big son to get home with the ice cream...also by special request of the younger brother...you know, to go with the brownies!

Whether I really had any plans for this day or not, the day had plans for me. Actually, the kids had plans for me and I am soon going to rest...to get ready for whatever they have planned for me for tomorrow!

Serving the King (and the kids),

Jeanette

1 comment:

johnny d said...

makes you wonder how we will spend our time in about 6 years