Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ahhhh, Fusion Day

Today was the first day back at Fusion since our little Christmas break. I was so glad to be there. I woke up early and jumped right outta bed even though it was cold in the house. (However, we're about to get some real cold down here in Texas. Oh my goodness, the coldest it's been here in 13 years, one weatherman said.) I absolutely adore my Fusion girls and, more importantly, love the privilege of studying God's Word together with a group of women. I love to hear what God is teaching them from their own personal time of studying His Word. I love it how what God is teaching them gets to spill over into the lives of others (including me) when we gather together. I love it that we are refreshed and renewed and then sent out to our own little mission fields to influence and teach others. It is just about my most favorite things on earth.

Then, I got to have lunch with an old friend and her sister today. We (my friend and I) have this common history, this chapter in our lives that we share. We'll forever be linked together by our past experience but it's fun now to see her and talk about new stuff. I'm really looking forward to seeing how God uses this godly young woman in the future!

And, finally, this is the day that we pick up our new dog. She's a baby. She is still unnamed but it will have to be something that starts with a J. Since we got rid of our other dog (not Jot, the one that I loved that died but the disastrous one) I have come to realize that I miss having a dog. I miss having a companion to jog with at the park or keep me company when I'm home alone during the day. This is our first female and Jessica and I already got her a bright pink color and leash! I'll be back in a day or so to post some pics.

In the meantime, if you are not involved in a small group Bible study then get yourself into one. Make it your goal and ambition for the new year. You need the encouragement and the accountability. We all do.

Serving the King,

Jeanette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!