Thursday, March 6, 2008

Yesterday was a crummy day. Nothing particularly bad happened (except I did horrible on my OT mid-term) there were just a few irritations that just rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe it's because I have insomnia. I always tell people that I need my beauty sleep and it's not my outward beauty that I'm talking about!! There was definitely some ugliness radiating from me yesterday...

"Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children." Eph. 5:1

Let's see...were all of my actions yesterday an imitation of God? NOT!

I have always thought of my daughter as having more of her dad's personality than mine. He's outgoing and outspoken and rarely meets a stranger. So is she. He's opinionated and confident, for the most part. So is she. However, a friend recently told me she was a lot like me. Maybe in some respects, but I'm shy and a homebody. She's not. (Oh no, not a homebody by any stretch of the imagination...she is the social butterfly) She's loyal and patriotic and tenderhearted. She's conservative both spiritually/religiously and politically. That matches me. We have three children in our house... each different in a lot of ways, yet I can see reflections of their dad and me in each of their life.

Can others see a reflection of my Heavenly Father in my life? Not yesterday!! The apostle Paul wrote the letter of Philippians while he was in prison, most likely in Rome. The letter was one of encouragement. His personal situation stunk, but his reminder to those he wrote the letter was to live a life worthy of the gospel of Christ -- be an imitator of Him.

Whew, thank goodness for new days...a chance to start over and try again to live a life that is not centered on me and my weakness and grumpiness, but centered on Him.

That I might live worthy of my calling today...Jeanette

No comments: