Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Lake House

I've stopped by our abode to start some laundry & run some kids around, but I've been spending the week at our "lake house." Ok, it's really just our travel trailer, "The Wildwood," parked at a nearby lake, but lake house sounds so much better. I have to admit, however, I am not the one to start it. Two other families have their mobile lake house out there & Mary is the one who started calling it that! I like it! Last night was hilarious! We left church with our youngest son & 2 friends. We told the boys they had to sleep in a tent because our beds were full. Jess had a friend and then we had 2 other teenage girls there -- the girlfriends of our other son & his friend. At about 1:00 a.m., the 3 tweenage boys decided it was too hot and sticky and they could not sleep. Being the pushover that I am, I decided to let them come in to the airconditioning. That meant that girls had to double up in beds & a couple of boys in another and one on a pool float on the floor. There were 9 people in the Wildwood last night! I'd say that was a full house! I only wish I had taken a picture! I told my husband this morning -- as he left the lake house to go in to work -- we made a memory that we will laugh about for years.

The more the merrier....Jeanette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Park site rental- 15 bucks
Entrance fee for the season- 100 bucks
RV- 12,000 bucks
Memories of the Lake- Priceless

Jeanette said...

You're right! It was a great week!