Monday, May 21, 2007

Paula Deen

Hey, ya'll! That sounds like a greeting I would say, but it's also one used by the famous cooking queen, Paula Deen! If you don't know, she has a cooking show on my favorite network, The Food Network. I'm a fan, I have to say. Last night I laughed my head off because a friend of mine gave me a gift as a thank you for a favor -- TICKETS TO SEE PAULA DEEN COOKING LIVE!! Can you believe it? It is probably one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received. So, in August it will be me & Paula Deen in Dallas, Texas. In honor of the upcoming event, I decided to share one of my favorite Paula Deen appetizer recipes. It's super easy & really good!

Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps

1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 lb. bacon cut into thirds
2/3 c. brown sugar mixed together with 2 tablespoons chili powder

Once you have the chicken cubed & the bacon cut, wrap a piece of bacon around each cube of chicken & secure each with a wooden pick. Roll the chicken/bacon in the brown sugar & chili powder mixture. (it sounded like an odd mixture to me, but it's really good!) Coat a broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray & put the chicken on it, then pop it into the oven at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp.

Enjoy!

Giddy with anticipation,

Jeanette

No comments: