Thursday, April 7, 2011

To Better Enjoy God's Creation, My Dear

I didn't see it and really don't know much about it but there was recently a new movie about the old story of Little Red Riding Hood. I think it was sort of edgy and dark. Anyway, I was thinking about the old story, the way we used to tell it. Remember when Little Red Riding Hood encounters the wolf dressed up like her grandma and she asks about her big eyes and the wolf replies, "Better to see you with, my dear."? And so on about other facial features. Well, this blog post is not really about that at all...

We recently purchased a convertible. It's a little, red Volkswagon EOS and it's simply fantastic. My youngest thinks it's showy and he is unwilling to ride with the top down, though I've made him do it a time or two anyway. It is a little conspicuous but it is totally fun to drive and ride in. The night the moon was closer to the earth than it's been in years - a Saturday night a few weeks ago - Johnny and I went out for a drive and then sat in a parking lot with the top down just to look at the moon.

I love the outdoors and enjoying God's creation. That's one of the biggest benefits of the convertible -- better to enjoy God's creation, my dear! The wind blowing in my hair, the sunshine warming my skin - I love it!

The heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. Psalm 19:1

Springtime in Texas is the best time to enjoy God's creation. I've been out in my yard seeing which plants made it from last year and enjoying seeing them in bloom again this year. I've planted a few new ones and have been getting my garden ready for new herbs and vegetable plants.

And, I've been out there thanking God for His provision and His faithfulness. He really is so good.

Hey, get out there and enjoy a little sunshine and creation!

Serving the Creator of it all,

Jeanette

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of convertibles! And red ones are the best! Springtime in Texas is the best for driving one.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll want to get a twitter icon to your website. I just bookmarked the article, however I had to make it by hand. Just my suggestion.

Toyin O. said...

Congrats on your new car, praise God for his provision.