Monday, August 11, 2008

Surprise in the Mail

I hate to toot my own horn but (toot,toot) I got a surprise in the mail today that has made me quite proud. I got a letter from the outgoing Dean of Educational Ministries of SWBTS (where I just finished my master's degree) and a certificate that states the following:

"In recognition of significant academic achievement while enrolled as a full-time student in the School of Educational Ministries Jeanette Dickerson has been named to the Dean's Academic Honor List for the Spring Semester 2008."

The Academic Honor List! Ha! I made really good grades the whole time I was there but was rarely a full-time student, just taking a few hours per semester. Truthfully, I obsessed about my grades at times (no comment from you, Johnny Dickerson) but I really just wanted to do my best and learn as much as possible while I was there. It was a great privilege to study and learn and complete my degree.

It seems as though I might have a job opportunity -- Johnny and I are going to a meeting tomorrow to finalize the details so please check back for an announcement tomorrow! I am awed by the opportunity being presented to me.

Well, the rest of the day will be spent making 4 trips back and forth to my kids' new school -- 2 sports practices that are, of course, at different starting and ending times. The taxi service is in operation.

Taxi driver #1,

Jeanette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment. I'm glad you are tooting your own horn, it sounds as if you deserve it.