Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday Afternoon

I KNOW, two posts in one day. What is the world coming to? This one is out of desperation. You see, we have drums at our house now. Real drums. Not those neat electric ones that you can plug headphones into so you can play to your heart's content without disturbing everyone else in the house. Nobody ever played the electric drums -- not so with the REAL drums. Jacob has a friend over (there were some other guys here earlier but they left already) and Jacob is playing the drums...for hours...and the friend is playing guitar. Jessica said (before she left for volleyball practice), "Mom, you can tell him to stop." Johnny called -- I had to go OUTSIDE to talk on the phone because it is so loud in here (the drums are in the media room right above my bedroom where I am diligently folding laundry & unpacking Johnny's suitcase which is right where he left it when he got home Friday night) oh, I forgot where I was, oh yeah, Johnny called and he said, "You can tell him to stop." Yes, I could. I know I could. But, football starts one week from today and then school is right around the corner. Summer is almost over. I don't want to wish it away ... not one second. That time is flying by is so apparent to me with college move-in day being only 16 days away. SIXTEEN DAYS, friends! School is busy -- homework, sports, church activities. There won't be near as much time to play the drums. Or hang out with friends. I don't want to wish for peace and quiet because peace and quiet means the kids are at school, not home with me, and they are growing up way too fast. But, on the other hand, peace and quiet would be so nice right about now...

Maybe I should just go buy some ear plugs...

Or take a pain killer...

Or go shopping...

just for a little while...

til the drumming is over...

oh wait, it's quiet.....ugh, I typed that too soon...

Head pounding,

Jeanette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing as I read this. Believe me, the day will come when you enjoy the peace and quiet! Maybe until then you can hang out by the pool when he's drumming!
Good Luck!
Kathy