Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday Morning

My guys and the whole group made it back from Venezuela. I've gotten bits and pieces of information about the trip all throughout the weekend. I am so amazed at the work our partners are doing down there. It's both exciting and motivating.

I have quite the good news to announce -- I (me, myself) fixed the dishwasher problem previously mentioned on this blog before Johnny got home. I gotta give a shout-out to my friend, Sally, for giving me the tip that solved the problem!!

If that wasn't the kind of good news you were hoping for then let me give you some more -- here it is --

We have a great High Priest who can sympathize with our weaknesses. Even though He was tempted, as we are, He did not sin. Therefore, we can draw near to Him with confidence, to His throne of grace so that we may receive mercy and grace from Him when we need it.
(my very loose paraphrase from Hebrews 4:14-16)

So what's the good news? Whatever it is that you are struggling with today, whatever it is that you are sad about, whatever it is that is making you mad or getting you down, He understands. He hears your prayer. He answers when you all out to Him. He's there, always there.

Now that's some good news!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: