Monday, August 18, 2008

"The Changeless Christ"

I just flipped open my Bible (the Thompson Chain-Reference Study Bible, NASB) and landed on the last chapter of the book of Hebrews. The chapter title is "The Changeless Christ." Hebrews 13:8 - "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes and forever." Life changes. We've got big changes ahead - Josh to college, the other 2 kids to a new school, I am starting a new job - but Jesus is the same, from eternity past and forever. Hallelujah!

Yesterday we ended our study of the Old Testament in Life Group. We started at Genesis and flew through the OT and the last lesson in the curriculum was from the book of Nehemiah. I have loved it. It was pretty cool to be in OT I and II in my master's degree at the same time I was working through the OT for my lesson prep. I have learned so much literally and historically about the times and writing of the OT. But, the best part is how God has spoken to me through the pages that are His Word to His people. I am amazed at how He worked in history and how I could apply that to how He works in me.

His Word is always true. He is always faithful. He will never leave me or forsake me. He is always worthy of praise.

But as for me, I will hope continually, and will praise Him yet more and more.
My mouth will tell of His righteousness, and of His salvation all day long;
For I do not know the sum of them. Psalm 71:14-15

Glory to His Name!

Jeanette

No comments: