Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Drumroll please

I always knew this day would come -- the day when I would transition from full-time mom to full-time mom plus something else. Is there such thing as part-time mom? I don't think so! I have dreamed and planned and wondered what I would do when I grew up. Well, as of September I will be working for Alpha International Ministries as the Director of Women's Ministries. I would love to give you a synopsis of their ministries but it would be better, if you have time, to check it out here. I will be doing lots of stuff -- some women's and outreach ministries in my community as well as planning for some conferences and other trips in India and, eventually, other nations as well. I will be going to India in October and, hopefully, again in the spring of next year. I feel way overwhelmed and excited and scared and humbled and privileged.

So, that's what God's up to with me. What is God doing in your life? How is He molding you and preparing you for what's ahead? Do you know what's ahead or are you just stepping out in faith and moving forward, counting on Him the whole time?

I would love to read your stories.

Blessings,

Jeanette

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sounds right up your alley!
God has been re-emphasizing to me about letting go of control of my kids. It started about 4 years ago when Andy went to OU (not exactly what I had in mind!). It was some easier with Matt 2 years later because 1)I'd done this once, and 2)he was going to UNT majoring in music, which he loves and had really found his niche. Then last year with Hailey and her passion for missions, letting her get on a plane for Guatemala, and again this summer working in Jacksonville, FL with a NAMB church for three weeks and going to Honduras for a week from there. Now Hailey & Hannah are starting their senior year and planning all the college stuff. This summer was a really good preview of what next summer/fall will be like for us, since Hannah was working @ Riverbend most of the summer for long stretches the same time Hailey was gone. I have finally admitted that God's plans for my kids may be completely different from my plans for them, but He is in control, and He knows best! Plus Larry & I have really enjoyed our newfound freedom! Kids always leave eventually (HOPEFULLY!!), but spouses are supposed to be there forever, and we are enjoying purposefully making each other our priority now!
That's not to say I won't shed a few tears at graduation and next fall when we drop them off; I know I will, but I know whatever God has for them is much better than anything I can even imagine!
In His Grip,
Kathy

Margaret said...

Wow that is amazing news!!! I am so excited for you.

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is great news!!! I can't wait to hear how God is working in the months to come. What great trips you have ahead of you.