Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Live and the Computer Lab

I'm not posting my meditations on running today because I totally abandoned my run today at 2.5 miles. I had to work this morning so I thought I'd go running at lunchtime. If one would expect that one could go on a pleasant run on the very last week of September around lunchtime, well, that person would be WRONG if that person lives in Texas this particular year. After running from Rose Park to McKnight Park and back, I got halfway to Town Park and totally gave up. I turned around and ran back to Rose Park then even walked across the yard back to my car instead of going on the path. It was 97 degrees outside by the time I got back to my car.

But, I'm not giving up on running because I am running with a purpose, after all. Our church run group is raising money for some specific mission purposes. We were able to purchase some shirts that look almost like our run shirts. Instead of iRun with Purpose they have iLive with Purpose. With a donation of $20 or more to our causes donors can have a shirt. I've put a photo below - sorry it's sideways, you KNOW I am horrible with computers - it's the front & the back of the shirts.



So, I know your next question is where can I get my iLive shirt? So glad you asked! (That sounds like something our pastor would say, doesn't it?) Starting this coming Sunday, you can stop by our brand new Computer Lab/Mission Room to make your donation and get your shirt. If you didn't know we had such a place in our church then I'm so glad to let you know that we do! If you read the Discovery Brochure on Sundays then you know we've been asking for you to donate computers. We finally have all the computers we need (for now) and work is being done to get them ready so we can start using the computer lab for its intended purpose: to provide job skills and training classes for the under- and unemployed. We all know it's a tough economy but there are employers looking for good employees. We just want to help train some good potential employees so some folks can better provide for their families. 

I'll be in the Computer Lab this Sunday immediately following morning worship. Please stop by... and   bring your checkbook! If you are interested in either taking classes or helping with training then I'd love to talk to you about that as well.

See you Sunday!

Serving the King
  and running with purpose,

Jeanette



No comments: