Saturday, September 24, 2011

Meditations on Running, entry #6

Run length - 7 miles
Song that got me home - Say, Say Charlie Hall Band
Verse of the morning - Give thanks to the Lord for He is (so) good; His love endures forever. Psalm 118:1

I don't have much to write about today's run except... I made it! And, as a reward, we stopped to get a latte (skinny latte, at that!) on the way home. Then, Johnny turned the hot tub on and, oh, my legs and feet were so thankful! Johnny and I took a little over 3 minutes off our 6 mile time and I felt good until the end. We started out with 3 friends. We didn't all stay together but it felt good knowing they were out on the course. The weather was absolute perfection (thank You, Creator of heaven and earth!) and it was a great morning.

Johnny and I talked a little when we passed the 6 mile mark. We don't talk too much because, well, we need to breath. We talked about how we cannot think about almost being finished because it makes us tired. I have to purposefully think about other things and not think about running. I often think about projects I have going on or mentally make lists of things I need to do. I often pray or sing out loud. I did sing a tiny bit for Julie Brooks today but usually only do that after I make sure no one else is around. Today, I thought about my Life Group girls and our lesson for tomorrow for at least a mile.

I got up for a second and stepped on a dead gecko in my house. I'm feeling kinda freaked out about that so I'm going to end this post  here.

Serving the King and
  running with purpose,

Jeanette

1 comment:

Julie Brooks said...

I have no need for an ipod if I'm running with you! :) You can sing to me. I'm cracking up about the lizard...those things freak me out and the boys get such a kick out of that.