Monday, September 5, 2011

Meditations on Running, entry #1

Today's run length - 6 miles
Song that got me home - Forever Reign, Hillsong
Verse of the morning - Psalm 90:14 O satisfy us in the morning with Your lovingkindness, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.

I think we had 68 days over 100 degrees this summer in North Texas. Today the high is supposed to be in the 80's. It was in the high-70's when we started on our run at 10:30 this morning. It's the first day it has felt cool in weeks and weeks. It's windy but feels really nice out.

It was only our 2nd time to run 6 miles and we took 6 minutes off our time. I am encouraged and think the training for the 1/2 marathon is going fairly good. I am doing a self-modified training based on Hal Higdon's novice training plan for the half marathon. Our long day is normally Saturday but we ran it today because this coming Saturday is Beth Moore Simulcast. For real runners, 6 miles may not be a long run. I guess I really never ran much until I was in my 30's. In fact, I never played sports (except intermurals in college) and am not athletic in any way. Now that I am way past 30, I feel excited to be entered in the White Rock. I feel privileged to be able to run for a cause. Over the next few weeks I hope to jot down my thoughts on running, what God is doing in me, and the 4 causes we are raising funds for as we run.

iRun with Purpose,

Jeanette

No comments: