Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

We're headed to a cook-out with some friends in a while but so far today we've been working in the yard -- getting ready for the big pool/graduation party for Josh & Monica on Saturday. Here's some pics from the day! Let me just add, however, that I am so thankful to live in America. Despite our faults, this is the best country on the face of the planet. I've been to some places around the world where people are not free and are living in dire circumstances. I am thankful for those who have gone before me who have provided for my very freedom. My cousin, even now, is in Iraq. I am thankful for him and his service, even as his wife and two small children are left in the US without him. I am mostly thankful to God because I could have been born anywhere -- thank You, You are so Good! Praise Your Holy Name!

Johnny on the roof getting ready to paint. The hail a few weeks ago literally pounded the paint off the house. We couldn't get a painter out here before Saturday (because everyone's house needs repainting!!) so he's doing it himself.

My old cooler thing I pulled out of PawPaw's barn filled with plants...

If you look really closely you can see my very first tomato...can you see it? I kind of got a late start on my garden but here's my row of beans and my row of squash!
Have a great holiday!! Jeanette


No comments: