Monday, May 5, 2008

The Countdown - 4 days

I have to type in a big hurry -- I'm waiting for some pictures to download on my laptop to the Walgreens.com website. Jacob has a family tree (due tomorrow, of course -- nothing like procrastination!) and I'm trying to get some pictures printed today. This is something on the computer that I actually know how to do and love the convenience of it. Now all I have to do is send it to the store and then go pick them up later today!!

I got my "clearance for graduation" today and picked up my cap and gown. They also gave me a laminated, credit card size copy of my diploma. The big day is almost here. One project and one final is all I have left!

This morning I was reading from 1 Thessalonians. I would like to tell you that it was meant to be a "quiet time" between me and my God but it started out as prep for my final on Wednesday. Paul started the letter with a greeting, which is pretty typical of his letters. Verse 2 of chapter one says that he was thankful for the believers and he was praying for them. He was thankful for their faithfulness to the gospel message. Verse 4 of chapter 1 is this: "...knowing, brethren, beloved by God, His choice of you." Whether you are a Calvinist or lean toward Arminianism, you cannot get away from the fact that God chose us. It was His will and act of grace that brought those of us who are believers and followers of Christ into His family and kingdom.

So, all I really wanted to say today is I am so glad I am chosen.

Gotta run pick Jacob up from school....

Jeanette

No comments: