Friday, May 9, 2008

The Countdown - G day

G = graduation


Me receiving my master's degree and concentration certificate from Dr. Patterson. I know you can't see from this photo but I have on new shoes. During the rehearsal they informed us we would be walking through the grass so heels were out. So, I went to the mall and got some cute flats.

Josh, Jessica, the graduate, Johnny, and Jacob -- I don't think anyone minded missing a day of school!
The graduation was on the great lawn in front of the Rotunda, the building you see in the background. It's the 100th year of SWBTS so we were the Centennial graduating class which is printed on my diploma. The weather in Texas is usually unpredictable but we've had pretty mild weather until, that is, yesterday and today. I got sunburned at graduation rehearsal yesterday. Today was pretty warm even though graduation started at 9 am. Johnny thought Dr. Patterson was mercifully brief during his commencement address.

It's over. I'm done. Tonight we p-a-r-t-y!

Serving the King,

the graduate (Jeanette)
























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
You deserve a long rest from anything academic!
I received this link to a pastors' wives video and thought you might appreciate it. It's hilarious!
http://spectrummagazine.org/blog/2008/04/13/he_speaks_pastors_wives_get_their_day_youtube

Hope you can access it!
Have a great weekend, and again, Congratulations!
Blessings,
Kathy W

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Congratulations Jeannette!! I pray you feel such a huge sense of God's favor on you as well as enormous relief to be done, baby, done!! :)