Monday, April 7, 2008

The Countdown - 32 days

Only 32 days until graduation. After today there are only four more Mondays of my entire seminary career. One of those is the final exam day for Monday classes. I will miss talking to the young women I have met at school. I went over to the student center between my 1st and 2nd class to get a beverage and sat at a table for a minute and one of the young women came over for a short chat. She works at the seminary and she said she proofed my name on the graduation list!! My name is on the list. Then I saw two of the girls from my 2nd class and they were giggling. It seems one just broke up with a guy. They asked me if you "just know" when you meet Mr. Right. This is what I told them -- while I was in college I had three roommates that all had serious boyfriends. They all are married to those guys now. I was always the oddball. I would ask my roommates how they knew the guy they were dating was the one they would marry. They would all answer, "You just know." That was ridiculous to me at the time. Then, I met Johnny. We were engaged only 5 weeks after we met. After just a few days I just knew. Crazy, I know, but it's lasted 20 years!! In fact, Johnny is my very best friend and I would rather be with him than any other person on the face of the planet.

Just 32 more days, baby!! Jeanette

No comments: