Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Countdown - 30 days

Four weeks and two days until graduation. I just about had a panic attack today while I was working on my semester project for NT. My laptop shut down unexpectedly and I thought the whole thing would be gone...hours and hours of work. Thankfully, somehow beyond my understanding, when I restarted the computer the program restored it. (or whatever it's called -- I am just glad it was there)

In two days is our women's retreat. The timing could not be better. Tonight was a warm-up for the retreat. I was in the kitchen doing my usual Wednesday night duty. We had Chick-fil-A (yum!) tonight so there was very little clean-up. After we closed the big metal window and all the males left the kitchen there were seven of us left. We talked about a wide range of topics and I have to say I just about laughed my head off. It was so great! I am leading a "break-out" session on Saturday morning and have been studying Acts 2:40-47 today in preparation. The text is about the early days of the early Christian church. Scripture says, "they were continually devoting themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer." (Acts 2:42) Gathering together for prayer and Bible study are essential, I think, in the life of Christians. Sometimes fellowshipping can be mighty important, however. It is so good to laugh and know that your sisters are experiencing the same things you are... they get it.

BTW, my son couldn't believe I texted the word "groovy" to a friend today. He said nobody says that word anymore. Am I the only one?

Serving the King,

Jeanette

1 comment:

Michelle Canton said...

Groovy!!! Can't wait to celebrate your graduation with you!!