Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Countdown - 23 days

The countdown continues. I am graduating with my master's degree in 23 days. Amazing that I've had this privilege. Truly, I'm in awe. It's more than just the graduating but it's how I can see God's work in the history of my life leading to this point. All the things that I have learned, observed, and experienced have prepared me for what's ahead. It's really scary, I might add, and way overwhelming. Johnny and I are seeking God's face about starting a nonprofit organization. I think this is where He's leading and pieces of the puzzle are coming together. Back to reality, though. First I've got to get through the next 23 days. I still have assignments that are due, finals that I have to take...

Josh has been gone this week taking a field trip to our state prison. Yeah, the kind of senior trip everyone wants to take! He wants to major in Criminal Justice and he was really excited about the trip. We were glad for him to have the opportunity. However, we could not help but think about how this was a mini-picture of how our life will be in just a few short months. Only four plates at the dinner table. Just two kids at home to ask about homework and schedules. The door to his room closed with no one going in and out.

Lots of changes up ahead, but:

The Lord reigns, He is clothed with majesty;
The Lord hs clothed and girded Himself with strength;
Indeed, the world is firmly established, it will not be moved.
Psalm 93:1
Serving the King,
Jeanette

1 comment:

LAURIE said...

I came by your page via the pastors wifes blogroll, and wanted to stop in and say a BIG congrats! on your degree. What a wonderful accomplishment. May God open great doors as you seek direction for that new adventure you mentioned. God Bless. -Laurie