Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Soon to be Mustangs


One of the big things that's going on at the Dickerson house is that all three of our kids are changing schools. Josh moves into the dorm at DBU in less than a month! He and Johnny leave this Sunday for a mission trip to Venezuela and when he gets back we will have about 2 1/2 weeks to get him ready for college.
The other two kids are moving to a private, Christian school as well - Fellowship Academy. We'll be Mustangs then. This is huge for us. Josh started out in private school in kindergarten (FOREVER ago) and, since that time, we thought we would leave our kids in public school. Periodically, we would investigate private school and think and pray about it but it never seemed right or in our budget. (Yeah, like now that we are paying college tuition it's gonna fit in our budget!) All the reasons we wanted Josh to go to DBU seemed to be reasons to send Jessica and Jacob to a private school. Smaller class size, Christian environment, classes taught from a Christian worldview, service emphasized. Jessica will be going to Mexico in November with the rest of the high school students on a mission trip. As part of school! Love that!
God will work out the financial details, I have no doubt about that. I have a job interview next week and another possible offer as well.
My 90 year old Grandmother has been really sick and in the hospital. I would covet your prayers on her behalf as well as for her children (including my mother) as they take care of her and seek direction from the doctors.
Serving the King,
Jeanette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will lift her up as well as your family in my prayers.

That is so awesome about the private school. We will be homeschooling next year. I am VERY excited about it. The boys are pumped and call Brian the principle. Too cute.

Josh will LOVE DBU! My brother loves the "family" atmosphere there. When I come this fall I will give you a call so I can introduce Josh to Scott.

Take Care!!