Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Almost vacation time....

This week my kids are working on a local mission project and I am getting ready for vacation!! In less than one week I will be in the beautiful state of Colorado -- we are calling this our adventure vacation as we are planning to go white water rafting, hiking, and mountain biking! I've been going to the gym everyday in a last minute effort to be fit enough to do all that. It may be too late...

The last few days have been full of excitement. Saturday, we got a call that Jessica was going to the emergency room in smalltown Texas where she was visiting with a friend. Johnny and I made a hurried (Johnny driving with his emergency flashers on like he was sitting at the wheel of a video game -- I am not kidding, I was praying that the 2 of us did not end up in the emergency room or worse) trip to get her. No worries, she's fine. We've had some other issues come up that have caused some moments of drama. Then, I had a pool full of teenage boys yesterday that had quite a rough game of basketball going on. Two of my friends and I were visiting and kids kept coming and going. I actually love that part -- the teenagers hanging out at our house. Somebody left a Dr. Pepper can in the yard, though, and the dog chewed it up... a can, the dog chewed up a can...

I am actually sending out a resume today. I don't know where it will lead, if anywhere. I am moving forward, trying to figure out what all my options are -- what direction God has for me. It's way scary -- I haven't had a real job in 18 years. 18 years is a LONG time. I am totally motivated, though, because one of the women contenders on Gladiator last night was 52 years old. (did you see that?) My kids were watching it while I was cooking dinner -- and they thought I was old...

Serving the King,

Jeanette

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow sounds like a wonderful vacation have a great time!

Anonymous said...

My parents leave for Colorado next week! FUN FUN!!! Hey my blog is down and I have had to buy a new domain name I will let you know when I have it fixed. As for now it's down. :(
Where are you applying? If you want to try and get on at DBU let me know and my mom can set you up with the guy you need to talk to.
Have a great vacation.
Oh and my new email is (juliebrooksdesigns@yahoo.com)