Monday, July 21, 2008

Home

We're home from vacation. We thought we might not get home until today so Johnny is off and we're just hanging out. Haha! Do you ever really get to just hang out after vacation? NO! The yard has to be mowed, tons of laundry and unpacking needs to be done, and I have to go to the grocery store.

We had a really fabulous vacation. Thursday we went mountain biking at Crested Butte. It's really cool -- they put the bikes on the ski lift then you can ride down. It was kind of scary at times. Jessica read my previous post about the white water rafting (the part about hoping to not have an incident report) and said, "Too bad you fell off your bike!" Ok, ok, I did fall off and scraped my leg up. However, the scenery was beautiful. We might think everything is bigger and better in our great state of Texas but our state flower, the Bluebonnet, grows way bigger in Colorado.

We cleaned up our friends' house and left on Saturday to drive to Pueblo to see the new Batman movie. It's really good -- I was on the edge of my seat. There was more than once when I thought the movie was just about over and the action starts up again. I guess we were having media withdrawals -- no tv, no internet, no cell phone service for 6 days. Then I got home last night and flipped through the channels and was reminded that there really isn't much of anything worth watching on tv anyway. Nope, I didn't miss tv afterall.

Well, time to get busy! I do have more to write about vacation, how God spoke to me, and some new things coming up in the Dickerson family but I'll leave them for a future post!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! We leave for Student Life camp in Georgia tomorrow. I love camp I don't think I will ever grow to old for Student Life....However Brian thinks he might. :)
I can't wait to see what is ahead for The Dickerson Family!! Tell everyone hello!