Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What I Am Up To...

...since I last blogged which was forever ago.  Lots & lots has gone on and in 2 weeks when the kids go back to school I hope to process it all.  Don't think I'm hurrying it to be here though.  Not.at.all.  The college boy will move back to his campus and the daughter will be a SENIOR.  It's gonna be a big year, that's for sure.  In the meantime, here's a little bit of what I am up to right now...

What I am listening to - Passion Awakening & Hillsong United We Stand

What I am reading - Under the Overpass by Mike Yankoski
                                What Difference Do It Make - by Hall, Moore, & Vincent (still)
                                 The Cost of Discipleship - by Dietrich Bonhoeffer (still)

I also purchased a 542-page biography on the life of Bonhoeffer not too long ago.  Johnny laughed at me.  I recently read Broken by William Cope Moyers, a book about addiction.  I just realized I am reading 2 books that have to do with homelessness...

What I am enjoying eating - not much, since I am now on a self-designed diet and exercise program to ready myself for the trip to Peru.  I did go to Fuzzy's Taco last night with the pastors' wives (and it was a great time) and splurged just a bit.  I just had to run a little harder this morning, which brings me to my next category -

What I am enjoying doing - running - I finally found my like of running again, reading, the pool, and family time

Alright, that's me.  Anybody reading any good books lately? 

Enjoy the last days of summer!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: