Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Sunday is most definitely my favorite day of the week.  We are church people around here and we love to gather with, well, the church.  There's nothing like small group Bible study with people that make you feel good and safe and comfortable and just plain joyful.  Then there's corporate worship and listening to the Word brought with clarity and conviction...

...followed by an easy, home-cooked lunch with family and friends and then, ahhhh, the Sunday afternoon nap.  Prescription for a PERFECT day.

Except for the fact that it's over 100 again today for the I-don't-know-how-many days.  A lot.  It is stinkin' hot in North Texas, that's for sure!

School starts back one week from tomorrow.  Josh moves back to college this coming Saturday.  This has been an absolutely great summer.  In some ways I am ready for routine that comes with school and in some ways I want to scream NOOOO!  No, I don't want it to end! 

The big news of the summer is that Josh and Jessica have both said this summer that they feel like God is calling them into Christian ministry/vocation.  Wow!  The proudness that I feel is indescribable.  Yeah, I know that life in ministry is not always easy and, sometimes, is really hard.  But, that they would commit their lives to do the work of ministry is overwhelming to me.  It's all a God-thing but I cannot help but feel that I did something right along the way. 

Josh and Jacob and their band are playing tonight in evening worship.  Even though they have been playing together only a few weeks they are good.  I'm not just biased, either.  I promise!  hahahaha....

Well, I better go change - I don't think I'll wear my Georgia Bulldog shorts to church tonight.  Don't worry, my church doesn't put any expectations on this pastor's wife, but Georgia Bulldog shorts are for home wear only!

hahahaha....

Serving the King,

Jeanette


No comments: