Thursday, April 8, 2010

We do not give up

A friend posted 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 as her fb status this morning:  "Therefore we do not give up; even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day.  For our momenatry light affliction is producing for us an absolutely imcomparable eternal weight of glory.  So we do not focus on what is seen, but on what is unseen; for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (HCSB)

Can I get an "amen"?  I mean, somedays it seems as though the destroying of the outer person is worse than others.  I was trying to get back in shape recently and now have an injury.  A really irritating injury that is aggravating the daylights outta me, if you want to know how I really feel.  The mid-forties are....well, there's no word to describe it.  In our Life Group this past Sunday we were talking about the 2nd coming of Jesus and our new bodies and before I could stop it from coming out of my mouth I said, "There won't be a need for Spanx in heaven."  Sometimes I wish I could take things I say back but, really, I'm looking forward to that day.

Jess and I are big Phil Wickham fans.  We listened to him up to Oklahoma and back and down to San Antonio and back.  He has several songs about heaven.  One is called "Heaven Song" and here are part of the words, "My soul is getting restless for the place where I belong.  I can't wait to join the angels and sing my heaven song."  Some days I feel that so much more than others. 

But, back to 1 Corinthians 4, I am thankful for the inner renewal.  I couldn't continue without it.   Although I anxiously wait for the day I will bow low at my Redeemer's feet, I know that until that time, like Paul wrote to the Philippians, for me to live is Christ.  May I live worthy of His high calling today. 

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: