Saturday, April 24, 2010

DNow Weekend

Well, well, it's DNow weekend.  We've got junior and senior girls at our house.  It's almost like a typical weekend around here except there aren't any boys around.  Really, we are so used to having most of these girls here every weekend anyway Johnny and I just went to bed and knew they would do what they are supposed to.  Well, we didn't go to bed too early.  I had to learn a couple of new games first.  The first one was called Ninja and the other one was Terridactal - and I know I'm not spelling that right but I just looked at a list of types of dinosaurs and it totally was not on there.  Was that a real dinosaur?  Love these girls and am pumped about DNow weekend.

The theme of the weekend is "Redefining Normal" and the logo has a flying pig on it.  Yes, I am wearing a tshirt with a flying pig on it to church tomorrow.  I will be sitting right there in my pastor's wife seat in my flying pig shirt.  It's so cool how God orchestrates the events of our lives.  As I mentioned a few days ago, Johnny just started a sermon series titled "Radical" and I've been reading The Cost of Discipleship by Bonhoeffer.  I'm super excited about tomorrow and am already praying that the message of what it really means to follow Jesus will fall on hearts ready to hear it.  Not only hear, but respond in obedience. 

The girls are resting after we did our RAKS (random acts of kindness) so I better go do the same before we head back to church in a little while!

Have a fabulicious weekend!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: