Monday, March 1, 2010

Twenty

My firstborn turned 20 on Friday. Do I even look old enough to have a child that's 20? First of all, you better say no, and 2nd of all, can you call someone who's 20 a child? I'm amazed that the years have flown by and that I didn't take a picture all weekend. Oh wait, I just realized I didn't take a picture...ugh!

Johnny and I thought our son was attending a college event on his actual birthday so we made plans to meet with our prospective new student pastor (more on that later). Some of the college friends were going to dinner anyway to celebrate the big day so that was fine. Josh invited his brother and sister to come! Is that not the sweetest thing? What could make a momma's heart happier or prouder than the college boy inviting the younger siblings along and them being honored at the request? I had to chuckle at Jacob's fb status Saturday morning, however. It was something like "I told a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader where the bathroom was" because our son's girlfriend's roommate is a cheerleader and she was at the dinner. Ok, I remember what it's like to be a freshman in high school -- that was a big deal!! We had our family dinner on Saturday so I hope it was a happy birthday for my boy!

Our new student pastor is actually an old friend. Johnny and I have known him since he was in high school! He and his wife worked with us before and we are sooo excited about their coming to join us. I like the familiarity of our friends coming to be with us. I like knowing their hearts and their love for students. I like that my kids love them and are excited that they are coming. I'm looking forward to the future!

And now I've got to go. My dog punched me in the eye this morning and it just hurts.

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: