Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break 010 is Over

Yes, it's officially over. The kids are back in school and I'm back, well, here. I'm on my 2nd pot of coffee. Yeah, 2nd at 9:12 am. That's because I've been awake since 4:45 am. Why awaken so early, you might be asking. Because I husband's stinkin' cell phone rang then and I couldn't go back to sleep. I stayed in bed for an hour until I couldn't stay one second longer. I'm not as opposed to mornings as I used to be -- "sleeping in" is now 8:30 instead of 10ish -- but I still do NOT like to get up early. And I usually don't get going to quickly either. But, I got up quietly and let the dog out, fixed the coffee, and curled up in my chaise with my current read until time for everyone else to get up.

The Spring Break camping trip was great. The weather was nice and warm (except Saturday morning - the day we were to come home anyway and, BTW, had snow flurries after the temperature was in the 70's the day before...typical Texas weather) and we enjoyed lots of relaxation and just plain fun. I actually won a card game and I never, ever win... never. Except Friday when I won. We had a big field near our camping site and the kids played soccer and bocce and I think they had a good time, too. As usual, I ate way too much and will pay dearly for it in just a minute when I head upstairs to my home gym. It will be self-inflicted pain and I intend to get ready for the real Spring and the clothes that go along with that.

One last thing. A teaser of sorts. My husband preached a really compelling sermon yesterday. I'm mulling it over and have lots to report about that. I'll be back tomorrow (or the next day or so) because something big is going on. Oh, not something big like monumental to other people but something big in me. Do you ever have that sense that God is about to do something or teach you something or start something new in you? A sense of expectancy? Yeah, that's where I am. More on that later...the workout is waiting.

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: