Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jackson Hole and Scripture of the Year

The two topics for today are completely unrelated except in a really small way that I'll get to in a minute. Johnny and I have been here in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, for just over 24 hours. We arrived last night after our flight was delayed a couple of times. The type of room we booked was not available so they upgraded us. They put us out here in a CREEKSIDE CABIN -- by the creek! It is stinking cold out here but, don't worry, THE BATHROOM FLOOR IS HEATED! I opened the curtains this morning to look out at the creek and the mountains -- the creek is mostly frozen but there's one thawed part and 2 muskrats popped out of the water. It was awesome. Oh wait, I gotta back up to dinner last night. We went to this quaint little place called Sweetwater. The inside looked like a cabin and had random pieces of antique furniture. Very rustic, but the food was incredible. We started with potato, cheese, and bacon soup. It was so yummy! Johnny had 3 kinds of elk sausage and I had slow-roasted elk Osso Bucco with sausage stuffing and a raspberry reduction. yum!

Today started slow because we are, by the way, on vacation. We walked around town then went out to Teton Village where we went on a sleigh ride. We saw some moose off in the distance playing around. I was amazed how fast they were. Then we went to a hotel for dinner. Again, we started with soup because it is really, really cold outside. It was roasted red pepper bisque with a crostini, pesto, and queso. Again, yum! Johnny had elk medallions. I had Steelehead, potatoes puree, and brussel sprouts. I didn't even know I liked brussel sprouts but cooked with bacon anything is wonderful! For dessert I had apple bread pudding with pomegranate sauce. Words just cannot describe how good it was.

Tomorrow Johnny and I are headed to Yellowstone National Park for a snowmobile ride. It should be fun. But, I wanted to let you know about my Scripture for the year and to challenge you as well. For the past many years I have picked a "Scripture for the year." It's just a verse(s) to challenge and remind me for a year. Just a few weeks ago a friend of mine gave me a Bible study on Psalm 119. I really love that psalm so I decided to make the entire chapter my Scripture for 2010. So, I decided to memorize the whole chapter -- I can't remember how many verses are in the chapter right now but I have to memorize 3.3 verses every week for the entire year to have it completely memorized by the end of 2010. I started this morning (and that's all my Scripture has to do with Jackson Hole) so I'm off to a good start -- it's not even 2010 yet!!

How about you? What do you think about a verse of Scripture for 2010 for you? What would it be?

Hope to have some pics to post of the trip but, in case I don't get back until I get home, happy new year to ya!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

2 comments:

Sue said...

Your vacation sounds beautiful... and cold. That potato, bacon soup sounds delish. I should find a recipe and make some. It's only 9 degrees out tonight - brrr.

I will need to really think about a verse for the year. Psalm 119 is quite a challenge but good for you for wanting to tackle that. Keep me posted on how you're doing. In the meantime, I will pray and ask God what verse He'd like me to claim this year.

Blessings on a wonderful and safe (dry, warm) vacation! Happy New Year!

Peyton Pandemonium said...

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.

1 Peter 1:13

Found my 2010 verse this morning- thanks for reminding me:)