Saturday, December 19, 2009

I *Heart* Basketball (not)

My fb status this morning is as follows: After attending 7 basketball games in the last 7 days I am skipping today's game. Does that make me a bad mom?

It's a serious question. I didn't play sports when I was growing up. I do like them, sort of, in limited supply. Mostly, I just love my kids and want to be there to support them in whatever they do. However, we left the house yesterday a little after noon and didn't get home til after 9 pm. Our guys' team is playing in a tournament in McKinney this weekend. By the time we stopped for dinner on the way home it was an all-day event.

The deal is that it's Christmas and there's stuff to be done. Gift shopping (still), wrapping, grocery shopping, house cleaning, laundry x5 (cuz the college boy brought his clothes home dirty -- yes, they do have a washer & dryer in their townhome but I don't think he's used it in the last 3 weeks)and a party to attend tonight and I need to make a dessert to take. I know, I know, your list is just as long but the question remains: does all of that precedence over a basketball game?

I'm voting against basketball today. That's my final answer.

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: