Monday, January 19, 2009

A Break, Really? Already?

The kids are home from school today. It seems like we just went back to school from Christmas break. We did! In fact, Josh just moved back into the dorm on Saturday...2 days ago. Classes at DBU don't even start back until tomorrow. A little confession...I did cry a little on Saturday when that white truck pulled out of the driveway. I just got used to him being home again. Johnny said I did better the day he moved in back in August. Saturday night Johnny and I were sitting on the couch together and I said, "I wonder what Josh is having for dinner tonight." Hohum... BTW, he was at Buffalo Wild Wings eating and watching "the fight." He's become quite the UFC fan apparently. Ok, back to the subject of this blog .... which really is randomness. Since we had a long weekend Jacob had 4 buddies come home with him from church last night -- yes, 5 13 & 14 year olds spent the night here. At about 2:20 am I could not take the noise over my head anymore and we told them to go to sleep. The morning was wild -- the airsoft gun being shot in the house, etc., until the threat of me taking them to the high school track to run a mile each was made -- but the boys were all picked up in time for Jessica to come home with a pack of girls. They're cooking in the kitchen (a cooking contest against some of their guy friends) and the music is blaring. Oh the sweet sounds of teenagers in the house -- I try to take in each conversation and activity (except the ones past 2:00 am) knowing that all too soon the noises will stop and there will be silence. Rock band and guitar hero will be gone, giggling and wrestling and body noises will be of the past, texting at mealtime even when mom says put the phone away will be over.

Tomorrow they'll be back in school and I'll have peace and quiet. I will enjoy it and will probably get a lot of work done that I didn't get done today. I don't want to rush it or wish one day away. Not one single day...

Making the most of today,

Jeanette

1 comment:

Alyssia said...

You're giving me a glimpse of what is to come. :) Thank you for sharing your everyday life and for putting it into perspective.