Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Week Two

We had a week of school then a 3-day weekend and now we're on the 2nd week of school. One of my professors came into class today and asked if everyone had a great weekend and then added that it might have been nice to have that weekend a little further into the semester instead of so close to the beginning. I couldn't agree more...we didn't even have time to gain some momentum before the brakes were slammed on! We will have plenty of time now...we don't have another day off until sometime in October when we will have another Monday off.

All the kids are out of the house by 7:00 am these days. Jacob is playing football and practice STARTS at 7 am and high school starts at 7:15. Jacob's 1st game is still a couple of weeks away but Josh's team won their 1st game, 34-6. It was so exciting!! I missed Jessica's first games last week but can't wait to see her in action this week. Our friends at church said she is the best trainer out there!

It's a time for new beginnings at our church as well. We started a new curriculum for Sunday morning Bible study that begins at, well, the beginning. We are starting where it all started for humanity...God spoke and it was. Not a big bang or a chance occurrence, but the God of the universe, in His divine and perfect plan, took the formless and void darkness and said, "Let there be..." and there was. That's it, He spoke and it happened. The God who took nothing and made everything is the Sovereign God of the here and now. The rain that is drizzling down right now was His plan and His action caused it. I have to admit that I have a little apprehension right now in life. I don't know where Josh will be next year. I really don't know what I will be doing this time next year -- I will be a graduate with a master's degree but still don't know what I want to do when I grow up... I've got to stay focused on the present and the One who controls tomorrow...For goodness sakes, the here and now is way busy and full enough without anticipating next year... for real!

Staying focused -- with eyes fixed on Jesus,

Jeanette

No comments: