Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Drowning

I am overwhelmed -- already behind in my school work. I don't even know why I am typing this blog because I certainly don't have time. It seems there are so many thoughts swirling in my head that I cannot even turn my brain off for half a second. One of my professor's walked into class yesterday and asked how everyone was doing. We had a paper due that day, BTW, as well as another research project due tomorrow for the same class. How are we doing?? Someone said she was making it, to which most of us nodded in agreement. The professor commented that she didn't think that's what Jesus had in mind when we said that He came that we may have an abundant life. (check out John 10:10) She's right, I don't think that's what he had in mind either. THEN, my friend, Michelle (who is teaching our weekday women's Bible study) read Ephesians 5:15-16 in study this morning. verse 16: "making the most of your time, because the days are evil." I don't feel like I am making the most of my time. Like Michelle said this morning, sometimes I get to the end of the day and I think, "What was the point of today? What did I really accomplish for the Kingdom of God today?" Michelle encouraged us to be careful how we walk, to walk with a purpose. Certainly this all has a purpose because I really don't see it right now... It seems a little hard to walk with a purpose when I feel like I'm drowning...

Hanging in,

Jeanette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeanette, It does seem overwhelming at times...been there, done that! Remember, one thing at a time and it will work out! Hang in there, I know you will do great and it will be worth it in the end! TH