Wednesday, January 19, 2011

He Leads Me Beside Quiet Waters

Across from my seat here in my home office, hanging on the wall, is a Larry Dyke painting. It was given to us on our 5th anniversary at Crescent Park Baptist Church. Its title is Shades of Spring and is one of 3 paintings or prints that we have by Larry Dyke. This one is a river or stream in what must be Texas in Spring because of the Bluebonnets and other wildflowers. Today it made me think of the 23rd Psalm, particularly verse 2 -- "He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters." (NASB)

I am thankful for green pastures and still or quiet waters. I'm thankful for the strength and rest that comes in such places for, certainly, the rushing waters, storms and barren places are out there as well. I'm thankful for those as well, although that's hard to write.

I am reading in Job today. God asked Job, "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? ... Who sets its measurements? (Job 38:4,5, in part) It goes on as God describes nature and His creation. It was God, btw, that created it all. He spoke it into being and breathed life into it all.

And, He decides about the quiet waters and the green pastures. Lead me there because that's where I want to be. But, thank You, too, that You are there in the storm, in the rushing waters, in the barren places.

In Your presence is where I want to be.

Serving the Creator,

Jeanette

No comments: